You can make 2016 (or anytime, for that matter), a Year of Intention. Starting in the early part of the year is ideal and being intentional throughout the rest of the year is a powerful way to live this segment of your life.
How do you do it? First, let’s look back at the previous year. What happened in your life in 2015? Before reading on, take a few moments to recall.
Next, notice what came to mind as you were remembering your life last year. Did your mind naturally go to the fun, successful, satisfying experiences or to the difficulties, to what you might call the failures or losses?
Observing your familiar way of categorizing things can be quite helpful and can make a difference in how you create your current year. Overall, do you tend to see the glass half empty or half full? I ask this not to be critical, but because your pattern or the program you run as you evaluate your experience has a lot to do with how you will create what comes next.
Once you determine your personal pattern, be sure to stay very present and aware of how you are labeling your experiences and circumstances.
YEAR OF INTENTION
You can choose to see things from a positive viewpoint. You can give yourself reminders like “there’s always a silver lining” and “there’s a gift in everything”.
Doing this can help you look for those things that are uplifting and supportive. It will make all the difference in your levels of joy. You are quite capable of creating experiences that delight and satisfy you.
Here are some things you can do to make this a wonderful intentional year:
- Make a list of what brings you joy. Remember to take the time to savor how you feel as you list each item.
- Create a vision board and look at it daily, taking in the feelings of pleasure as you focus on each thing.
- Write a script that describes all aspects of the life you desire. Write as though it is already happening and include the emotions you feel as you experience your life in this way.
- Do a mind map. You can search the internet for ways to do this if you are not familiar with this method. Rafael and I like iMindMap (imindmap.com), and there are other programs and ways to do mind mapping.
- Pay attention to your thoughts. If you notice you are reinforcing unhappy, fearful or “poor me” thoughts, shift to thoughts that help you feel good.
- Change what you are doing to help yourself let go of a negative thought cycle if you are caught in that. For example, you can walk into a different room, talk to a friend or family member, go outside and enjoy nature.
I love creating my life from the empowered place of being intentional. I’m excited to hear what you discover this year as you make choices that add new dimensions of joy and deep satisfaction to your life. Please feel free to email me at email@example.com
Until next time.
To learn more about Esateys and the Ultimate Relationship Academy go to http://ultimaterelationshipacademy.com/about/